Friday, September 08, 2006

"Because Canada is here, our people are happy again."

A first hand account of what our soldiers are doing in Afghanistan by Cpl. Brian Saunders. His clear and entertainingly written account of our mission in Afghanistan is an absolute must read.

Heres a snippet;

The battle finally subsided after 34 hours of fighting. We pulled into a wheat field and set up a small medical station to deal with minor ailments. The companies rolled through our resupply point before they headed off to a staging area to replenish supplies and eat. We saw about 20 patients, most of them just dehydrated or with minor shrapnel wounds requiring a bandage — and a straw. When I asked Creelman what the straw was for, he laughed.

"Suck it up and carry on."


LINK

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog!

8:03 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Albertan Technophile said...

Why thank you!

2:17 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have to go over and read the rest of it. I like the thing about the straw. I think I will take a straw on my next race.

6:49 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Albertan Technophile said...

Yeah, I love the humor there.

Bravery and humor, how Canadian is that?

7:54 AM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home